Today, we’re happy to release a special Q1 edition of our Mobile Mix report. The report includes data on the top mobile devices, manufacturers and operating systems on our global platform, and unique to this specific report, we included a new section on global tablet trends.
In our spotlight on global tablet trends, we identify the top 5 tablets on our platform, and report that three tablets (Apple’s iPad, Samsung’s Galaxy Tab and Amazon’s Kindle Fire) ranked in the top 20 amongst all mobile devices on our platform in Q1. This was another indicator of how the increased consumer adoption of tablets is changing how digital media is consumed.
Here are some other highlights from the report:
- Apple remained the leading manufacturer on our platform and the iPhone was the leading individual phone.
- Android was the leading OS on our platform with 49 percent of the total impressions (and 14 of the top 20 phones).
- Samsung was the second leading manufacturer, and had 4 of the top 20 mobile phones on our platform.
- “Non-Phone Connected Devices” (tablets, MP3 players, e-readers, etc.) increased 33 percent quarter-over-quarter and made up 20 percent of all impressions on our platform.
- Gaming was the top app category on our platform and grew 10 percent quarter-over-quarter.
- Mobile video views increased 958 percent year-over-year.
Download the free full report including the Top 20 Mobile Phones, Device Mix, OS Mix and more.
Mobile Mix complements our mobile advertiser-focused Scorecard for Mobile Advertising Reach and Targeting (SMART)™ report.
If you have any questions or suggestions for future reports, please send them our way.