Today, we’re very happy to release the latest edition of our Mobile Intel Series. In each Mobile Intel Series guide, we take an in-depth look at a specific vertical or consumer segment, and in this edition, we focus on Finance, which is currently the leading global vertical on our platform.
The changing mobile landscape has provided unique opportunities for financial brands to reach and engage consumers, and in the last year, the number of mobile finance users who own a smartphone has increased 55 percent. These users have also shown key behavioral characteristics, such as how 48 percent consider themselves “risk takers,” as opposed to only 35 percent of the overall mobile audience.
The Mobile Intel Series: Finance guide also highlights what finance brands are doing on our global platform and features information to help brands strategically think about how they are approaching consumers in the space.
Here are some additional highlights from the guide:
- Finance has numerous sub-categories, and the largest is insurance, with a 42 percent share of the total spend. Banking was second, and financial services and credit cards were 3rd and 4th.
- Mobile banking was the finance sub-category accessed most frequently by consumers. 35 percent accessed banking content once a week, and 22 percent accessed it almost every day.
- 80 percent of mobile finance users own a Smartphone—an increase of 55 percent year-over-year. 37 percent of mobile finance users own a non-phone connected device (tablet, e-reader, MP3 player, etc.).
- Mobile finance users tend to be young and wealthy. The number of mobile finance users between 18-34 is almost double the overall mobile average, and mobile finance users over-index in the 75k+ and 100k+ income brackets.
- Almost 50 percent of mobile finance users claim they will stick with a brand they like.
- Lead Generation/Registration was by far the most popular campaign goal for finance advertisers, making up 70 percent of all campaigns.
Click here to download the full free guide and past editions of the Mobile Intel Series.
All insights are based on our own platform observations, along with a research study we commissioned with comScore.
For an in-person briefing on the data for your brand or client, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or ideas for future reports, feel free to send them our way.