This morning, we released our June S.M.A.R.T.™ report, which provides a comprehensive look at mobile advertising trends based on actual campaign data from the Millennial Media platform.
Of note in this report, we broke out three of the major global advertising trends we’ve seen on our platform, and included region-specific insights for North America, EMEA and Southeast Asia.
One of the big trends we highlighted was the general increase in mobile spend we’ve seen year-over-year on our platform. In EMEA, large OEMs shifted ad spend to mobile to help with new handset launches, while in Southeast Asia, we saw finance advertisers increase ad spend to help drive lead generation for new products and services.
Here are some additional highlights in the June S.M.A.R.T.™ report:
- The leading behavioral audiences targeted in Q1 included In-Market Auto Intenders, IT Decision Makers, Gadget Geeks, and Movie Buffs.
- Telecommunications was the leading global vertical on our platform in Q1, followed by Finance and Travel.
- Five different verticals grew over 100 percent year-over-year in spend, led by Sports, which grew over 285 percent.
- Sustained In-Market Presence was the leading campaign goal on our platform, followed closely by Lead Generation/Registrations.
- 42 percent of all campaigns on our platform allowed the consumer to download an app as a post-click action.
- Mobile social media was utilized in 21 percent of all campaigns on our platform in Q1.
Click here to download the free full report including campaign highlights from leading brands like PANDORA Jewelry.
Our most recent Mobile Mix report can be downloaded here.
If you have any questions or suggestions for future reports, please send them our way.