Last Thursday, I had the pleasure of speaking at the Mobile Local Media conference put on by BIA/Kelsey.
There was some great discussion about the future of mobile display advertising, and the main point I tried to convey was that there is still lots of opportunity for innovation within the space, especially for performance driven advertisers.
Self-Service mobile advertising on the mMedia platform is 100 percent display, and performance driven marketers are using display to drive application distribution, lead gen, and e-commerce transactions. The majority of these advertisers are getting an attractive ROI, and are increasing spend as they learn more about what we can deliver.
With this said, many people still associate performance advertising with the online space, and often assume it can difficult to achieve results through pure mobile display.
Here’s why mobile is different:
- Display is inherently more relevant on mobile.
- The data is richer because we have location
- Display on mobile can’t be ignored as easily as on the web.
- There is only one ad per page view.
- Display is much more actionable and immediate on mobile
- Consumers can click ads to bring up maps, call businesses, buy products, etc.
Performance advertisers have discovered how they can use mobile display to drive results, and the space will only grow as advertisers keep innovating.